Friday 18 April 2014

How to Cosplay as Queen Elsa from Disney's Frozen

Official Disney Prestige Costume

Frozen Princess Snow Queen Elsa
Fancy Dress Cosplay Costume
I'm a little late to the party here as I only just saw Frozen for the first time today, but it certainly hasn't been over hyped! I loved it to bits, especially the character of Queen Elsa, voiced by Idina Menzel who I absolutely adored in Wicked (check her out on Youtube, she's really amazing. As such, I thought I'd do a post on how to cosplay as Elsa, as she has two very beautiful outfits in the movie. If you are shopping from the UK or EU, go here for lots of lovely Elsa costumes.

First up we have two takes on her most famous outfit, the one you saw in all the trailers. Elsa creates this outfit using her ice magic during the song 'Let it Go' (which gets my vote as the best song in the movie! I'm listening to it as I type...), and wears it for the rest of the movie. Both of these beautiful dresses come with the dress and a the matching veil-cape with gorgeous snowflake or glitter detail (you can get a matching wig here). 

If you are looking for some gorgeous accessories to match with your costume, you can pick up a cute pair of matching shoes here. If those heels are a bit too high for you (I know I can't walk in those!) then check out these sparkling flat shoes instead.

Frozen Snow Queen Elsa Cosplay Costume with Cloak
Secondly we have the outfit which Elsa wears for the first half of the movie, her stately royal gown. I love the colors on this dress; they are so rich and beautiful! You also get a matching wig and blue gloves with every set, so it gives you everything you need. Each costume is made to your measurements, so it'll be a great fit, guaranteed.


Next up, its time to do your makeup. Above it an awesome video tutorial by dope2111 which captures the look perfectly. If you want to follow along, you'll need: a beauty sponge, Makeup Forever Hd Liquid Foundation, BareMinerals Powder Foundation, Too Faced Eyebrow Kit, Urban Decay Ammo Eyeshadow Palette (Purple, Light Purple & Black), NYX Pink Eyeshadow, Makeup Forever Black Gel Liner, Bh Cosmetics Eyelashes, Etude House Lower Lashes, Maybelline Colossal Mascara, White Eyeliner, Mai Couture Pink Blush Papier, Makeup Forever Burgundy Lipliner, and Blue contacts: G&G Gbt blue. Phew, that's a long list! Worth it though.

So there you go! The perfect costume for going out and building a snowman. If you liked this post, be sure to check out the rest of my blog for all the cutest and sexiest costume ideas for women on the net. You especially might be interested in my guide to dressing up as Elsa's plucky sister, Princess Anna. I hope you have a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment